GCC offer high quality geotechnical consultancy services through our trusted network of specialist sub-consultants. Our geotechnical specialists are qualified and experienced in all aspects of geotechnical design from traditional shallow foundation design to complex geotechnical analysis.
The following list details some of the services we are able to offer to follow on from the intrusive investigations undertaken by GCC. These geotechnical assessments are typically reported as part of our ground investigation and land contamination assessment reports but can be provided as standalone assessments if required.
- Shallow foundation design including; determination of depth requirements to meet NHBC standards, assessment of bearing capacity and settlement of the bearing stratum.
- Design and specification of Bored, Driven and Continuous Flight Augered (CFA) piles including settlement and carrying capacity analyses. Review of piling contractor's designs to ensure suitability and appropriateness.
- Earthworks design and specification of temporary and permanent earthworks including; reinforced slopes, embankments, bound and unbound roadways, piling platforms and other temporary works.
- Analysis of slope stability including Slope Risk Assessments to meet the requirements of Regulation 33 of the Quarries Act and as part of an IPPC Application. Design of remediation strategies large earth retaining structures, embedded and gravity retaining walls, soil nailing and ground anchors.
- Finite Element modelling of complex geotechnical systems